WORKSHOP REVIEW- Introduction to Mantua-making: An 18th Century English (Night) Gown in Miniature
This is a review class available only to those who have taken it before.
Available Friday, January 13th, 2023
with Brooke Welborn
The English (Night) gown is a common garment worn by all socio-economic levels in the 18th century. Distinguished by its stitched back pleats, its bodice could be made with a stomacher and robings or could be center front closing.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn about the English (Night) gown, its variations, and how it is cut on the body.
- Use the provided lining shapes to cut a half-size gown.
- Follow step-by-step pre-recorded video instructions to assemble all of the pieces of an English Gown using 18th century tools, techniques, and methods.
- Complete a half-size gown using skills which can be applied to future full-size projects.
All participants are encouraged to use a striped fabric for their initial half-size gown.
- Workshop Cost: $95 includes E-pattern for ½ size lining shapes, a live group review Q&A’s and 6 months access to course.
Please select all options.