Crimson Wool Flannel - $25.00 yd.
In the 18th century, wool flannels consisted of a woolen yarn, slightly twisted in the spinning, and woven in plain or twill weave, and then lightly brushed. This created a soft, spongy wool, not extremely sturdy, but useful for a variety of purposes, such as petticoats, gowns, under-waistcoats, jackets, children's clothing, etc. When fulled, flannel becomes very lofty, creating a soft, but thick fabric.
- This flannel is medium weight with a woolen warp & weft that has been lightly brushed.
- Suitable for petticoats, men & women's jackets, pelisse, children's clothing, as well as household needs.
- Great for time traveling garments, such as trousers, walking suits, and more.
- If you intend to full this flannel you could loose 6 to 10 inches per yard in shrinkage.
- 100% Wool, 56 inches wide.
Please select all options.