White on White Striped Silk "Gauze" - $15.00 yd.
In the 18th century as well as the 19th century sheer crisp woven silk known as "Gauze" was popular especially for Lady’s garments as trims, overlays, neckerchiefs, caps, aprons & mantelets. Originally woven with two warp yarns twisted over the weft yarn the weave was stable and strong. It was a sheer light semi-crisp fabric sometimes woven with designs or flowers and sometimes embroidered.
- Our “gauze” is sheer with a white stripe.
- NOTE: the stripe goes from selvage to selvage
- It has a crisp hand with a soft drape.
- Suitable for caps, a variety of trims, dress aprons, mantelets, embroidery, or any application where a sheer fabric is desired.
- 100% Silk 43 inches wide.
Please select all options.