Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern - Hybrid Format
Banyans are a masculine gown for undress worn in the 18th century. Unlike wrapping gowns (which are loose and T-shaped), banyans are more closely fitted to the person, following a similar shape to a coat. They are not quite as fitted as coats, however, and could have easily been purchased from the ready made/import market.
As such, banyans may not have the same precision of fit that would be expected of a coat in the period. This makes a banyan a great semi-fitted garment to make before attempting a more closely fitted piece, such as a coat or jacket.
- Based on extensive research, our Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern allows you to create a lined banyan.
- This Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern includes a unique sizing system which accommodates chests ranging from 36-56 inches.
- Suggested fabrics include silk taffetas, silk or wool damasks, printed cottons, and plain woven linens and wools.
- This Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern is a Hybrid Pattern and includes a digital 24 page full color/fully illustrated instruction manual, with a physical print copy of the pattern itself. Learn more about our Hybrid Pattern Format.
- **You will receive an email with the link to the digital instructions for the Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern when your order ships.**
*Like all Burnley & Trowbridge patterns, this Burnley & Trowbridge Banyan Pattern is protected by intellectual property rights and all rights are reserved. Copying, forwarding, or distributing this pattern is prohibited. We ask that you support us by not violating these rights. This pattern is for personal use only.
Please select all options.