Cap Sew Along
- Pattern: Our cap pattern provides you with two different styles. Both styles can be found in various forms through out the better part of the 18th century.
- Fabric: 1/2 yard of plain linen, cotton muslin or silk gauze. When dealing with stripes running parallel to the selvage, you will want 3/4 yard if you want the stripes to run the length of the band. You can make a cap out of as little as 22 inch by 18 inches if you piece.
- Thread: Fine linen thread to match your fabric. We suggest 80/2 or 100/3 linen. If working with silk gauze you can use silk sewing thread
- Tape: 3/4 yd of 1/8 inch wide cotton tape.
- Needles: Size 10 sharps are perfect for this type of sewing