“TO CUT THE PERFECT SHAPE: The fundamentals of cutting and fitting to the figure"
Eighteenth century mantua-maker’s produced most women's fitted gowns and jackets by cutting and fitting to the body. One method used in the period was to cut a lining to the figure which could then be used to inform the shape of the desired gown. In this online workshop participants will learn to think like a mantua-maker as they practice the process of cutting and fitting shapes on their half sized mannequin (in stays) to gain a foundational understanding of the many variables that must be considered in order to cut the perfect shape.
Workshop Cost: $95 includes ten weeks of supported instruction with two one hour live Q&A sessions and includes an *additional* four weeks of access to course materials after the Final Q&A.
- Introduction & Prepatory Homework - Wednesday, March 30th
- Units 1 -3 : Bodice Backs & Fronts, Side Seams & Waistline - Available Wednesday, May 4th
- Units 4-5 : Sleeves and Putting it all Together - Available Wednesday, May 11th
- Live Q&A - Tuesday, May 17th or Wednesday, May 18th at 4pm EDT
- Unit 6: Practice & Feedback - Available Wednesday, May 18th
- Final Q&A - Tuesday, June 7th or Wednesday, June 8th at 4pm EDT
50 spaces avaialable